PREMIUM TYPE II WALL MURAL
We recommend consulting with a professional paperhanger for your installations. It helps to have two people when hanging wallpaper. Handle with care. Do not use tape on image surfaces. Be sure to avoid creasing or sharp folds at any point as this will damage the print. Please read instructions before beginning installation.
II. Wall Preparation
Make sure surfaces are smooth, clean and dry prior to application. If needed, lightly sand the walls and make any necessary repairs to cracks, holes, or imperfections. Always seal the wall with a clear primer-sealer (we recommend ROMAN brand products, or similar) and follow manufacturer instructions. Primers not only seal the wall, but they also provide more “wet time” for working. Primer promotes proper wallpaper adhesion and allows for easy removal. After priming, wait at least 24 hours before beginning the installation.
III. Measuring Wall & Cutting Paper
When you're ready to begin, measure the wall height, then add 4” and cut your wallpaper. You want the paper to overlap at the ceiling and the baseboard by approximately 2” each. You will trim the excess off later.
- Tip: Be sure to allow enough length for pattern match, either random, straight across or drop match.
IV. Pasting & Booking
Do not paste the wall. Use a high quality clear adhesive for your wallpaper application (we recommend ROMAN PRO-888, or similar) and follow manufacturer instructions.
2. Without making a crease, fold each end of the wallpaper toward the middle, pasted sides together. Pay close attention that your edges are lined up to avoid the paste from drying out – this process is called ‘booking’. Book the wallpaper for 10 minutes. Expect booking time to expand wallpaper panels up to 1/4" depending on room temperature and paste thickness. Adhesive side of the panel should be completely stuck to itself. You will paste, book, and install one panel at a time.
3. Make sure to clean your pasting surface between panels. Avoid getting paste on the front of your wallpaper print and wipe any excess/drip immediately.
2. Unfold wallpaper and place it on the wall starting from the top. Level the first panel to ensure a straight line. Use a wallpaper smoother (not a squeegee) to lay down panels and smooth out air bubbles, using horizontal motions only.
- Tip: Do not smooth out up or down. Although it is not ideal, you may pop persistent bubbles with a thin straight pin and smooth down (only do this if the paste hasn’t dried yet).
- Tip: Do not overwork the panels as this could scratch or stretch the wallpaper.
- Tip: With all directional patterns, it is important to line up patterns at eye level, allowing any drift in lineup to run off towards ceiling and floor. The standard allowance is 1/4" up or down. If the pattern is lined up at the ceiling, the pattern will begin misalignment sooner and the gap will be larger. Also, most patterns will be viewed at eye level, therefore it is that area that needs to look aligned.
- Tip: You will install one of the following configurations based on the mural set you select: Panel A,B,A,B... or Panel A,B,C,A,B,C... or Panel A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D...
6. Wipe down the wallpaper and any adhesive residue with clean water and a sponge. Dry promptly with a towel, avoiding any aggressive rubbing.
7. Allow 7 days for the adhesive to fully cure.
To remove dust, dirt, and grease, spot clean with a lightly dampened cloth or sponge with warm water. Use water sparingly and do not get the wallpaper overly wet. Clean the walls from the top down, using vertical motions. Pat gently with a clean soft cloth or bath towel to remove any surface moisture. Avoid aggressive rubbing. Do not use cleaners with harsh solvents as it can cause damage to your wallpaper.
Please handle wallpaper with care and inspect all panels upon receiving your wallpaper checking for any damage that may have occurred during shipping. Open the roll and lay out each of your panels to confirm accuracy. Do not fold or crease the panels during installation as this will damage the material. Any problems that occur during the wallpaper preparation or installation process are not the responsibility of Greenly Living.